What Women Want 2.0
Report Launch 7th March 2018, 5pm Houses of Parliament
- What Women Want 2.0 is non-partisan survey project that builds on a historical feminist social survey established in 1996
- The What Women Want project keeps a record of the aspirations and opinions of self-defining women living and working across the United Kingdom at marked points in Britain’s history.
- By keeping score, the What Women Want project seeks to raise awareness of how far women believe gender equality and social justice has progressed in the UK.
- What Women Want exists to platform women’s voices, in their own words and on their own terms; we therefore prioritise one piece of qualitative data, namely open-field responses to the question “What do you want?”
- What Women Want seeks to raise awareness of women’s multi-layered experience of life in the
- United Kingdom and be a source of information and motivation for activists, and local and national campaigns seeking to progress gender equality in the United Kingdom.
- The What Women Want record will continue: we support and provide resources to new generations of WWW record keepers seeking to launch local, regional and demographic-specific surveys to expand our record and build upon our rich history.